Lite5200 NFS mount issue

Kimmo Surakka kimmo.surakka at oxinst.fi
Tue Jun 20 22:03:27 EST 2006

Bjorn.Ostby at combitech.se wrote:

> Hi all,
> I'm using u-boot 1.1.4 (CVS downloaded 2006-05-04) and ELDK 4.0. I've
encountered
> problems when trying to mount a NFS root filesystem when using the Lite
MPC5200
> development board. The system mounts ok when the board is connected to
office wide
> network switches but if the board is connected directly through a small
100/10Mbit switch
> to the NFS server, the mount halts as shown in the log below (The 100/10Mbit
switch
> do work as other boards can mount their filesystem through these). Does
anyone
> recognize this problem and know a suitable work-around/solution?

Try adding the ",tcp" to the kernel's "nfsroot=..." parameter, i.e. use
commandline "root=/dev/nfs rw nfsroot=10.3.67.98:/opt/eldk_4_0/ppc_6xx,tcp
ip=10.3.67.99:10.3.67.98:10.3.67.1:::eth0:off panic=1".

I recall having similar problems when connecting through an 100/10Mbit switch
and in our case, the ",tcp" switch did the trick.

Cheers,

Kimmo Surakka

This message has been scanned by F-Secure Anti-Virus

###  OXFORD INSTRUMENTS   http://www.oxford-instruments.com/  ###

Unless stated above to be non-confidential, this E-mail and any
attachments are private and confidential and are for the addressee
only and may not be used, copied or disclosed save to the addressee.
If you have received this E-mail in error please notify us upon receipt
and delete it from your records. Internet communications are not secure
and Oxford Instruments is not responsible for their abuse by third
parties nor for any alteration or corruption in transmission.