could linux support to configure the PLB-PCI bridge of PPC440 into adapter mode

陈 云 hilichen2000 at msn.com
Tue Jun 20 19:10:29 EST 2006

hi Matthias:
   thank for your reply.
   according to information you provide, i should set the proper parameter
of register of PPC440GX in U-BOOT(I use u-boot as bootloader),such as
PAE,PHCE,PISE of SDR0_XCR and BAR etc.  during the time of linux kernel
booting, I turn off CONFIG_PCI , let linux kernel don't initialize the PCI
bus as host bridge and set PLB address in kernel.  then after the linux
system operated, the ppc440gx could act as adapter mode. does my
understanding correct?
   i really appreciate your help.

 chen