Linux on Virtex4

Grant Likely grant.likely at secretlab.ca
Tue Jun 20 09:38:40 EST 2006

On 6/19/06, Martin, Tim <tim.martin at viasat.com> wrote:

> 1) Is there anything obvious from the kernel panics below that I should
> be looking for?  Just the answer "linux 2.4.20 is really fricken old,
> upgrade" is probably the right answer.

I've seen kernel panics when booting large kernel images (>1.5M),
especially when I've welded the kernel image to a system.ace file for
booting via CF.  I haven't tracked down the root cause.  I use both
2.4 and 2.6, and I've seen kernel panics with both.  In your case,
you'll need to decode the backtrace to find out where the kernel is
panicing

g.

--
Grant Likely, B.Sc. P.Eng.