No ttyS device at I/O port 0xfe004500 for console

Chuck Meade chuckmeade at mindspring.com
Thu Jun 15 00:04:18 EST 2006

> I think you should loose the "console=uart,io,0xfe004500", don't think
> it is needed
> sine the "console=ttyS0" will override it.

I agree.  I use "console=ttyS0,115200".

> This device list appears to be common to all 8323E CPUs and to me this
> looks
> like a board unique list. Seems to that this list is better off in the
> mpc832xe_mds.c board file. That would make it easier for custom boards I
> think.
>
>  Jocke

Whatever is decided here is fine by me -- I followed the style of the
existing code when adding this code block.  The current 2.6.17 kernel has
the device lists in this same file, for the CPU variants that are supported
in the "public tree".

But you are right, the CPU itself has more UCCs, and other peripherals, than
shown here.  These are just the ones that are used by the existing platform
device drivers I am aware of.  If you know of any additions to make to this
list for the 8323E let us know.

Chuck