MMC/SD driver using SPI interface on MPC8248

Laurent Pinchart laurent.pinchart at tbox.biz
Wed Jun 14 19:25:08 EST 2006

Hi everybody,

I'm looking for an MMC/SD driver using the MPC8248 SPI interface. Does anyone
know if such a driver exist, or if some code has already been written ?

If no such project exists, could anyone outline the basic architecture of such
a driver ? As recent Linux kernels include an SPI class, I suppose I should
write a generic MMC/SD-SPI driver which would work with any SPI controller,
and write an SPI driver for the MPC8248 (which seem to have a similar
interface to the already supported MPC83xx). How should the generic
MMC/SD-SPI driver be mapped to specific SPI ports ?

Best regards,

Laurent Pinchart