Init dies with unhandled signal 4

David H. Lynch Jr. dhlii at dlasys.net
Wed Jun 14 07:16:26 EST 2006

    I am trying to move my Pico E-12 port from 2.6.15 to the current 2.6
from Linus's git tree.
Most everything moved fine, but now "/init" dies with an unhandled
signal 4 which I beleive is an invalid CPU instruction.

I do not have this with 2.6.15 and Linus's tree is obviously more
bleeding edge.

I am just asking whether I should be trying to track down a problem with
my code or if this might be a problem in the git tree.

--
Dave Lynch 					  	    DLA Systems
Software Development:  				         Embedded Linux

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
Albert Einstein