CPM_UART should allocate DPRAM for SMCx parameter RAM on MPC82xx

Laurent Pinchart laurent.pinchart at tbox.biz
Mon Jun 12 21:43:37 EST 2006

Hi Vitaly,

> If and when you'll have some code that address your problem, submit it
> to me cc linuxppc-embedded, and I'll push it upstream.

here's a simple patch (against 2.6.17-rc6) that fixes the issue by modifying
the pram addresses for SMC resources. I'm not completely satisfied, as the
SMCx_BASE registers configuration is board-specific (must be handled in
init_ioports as you mentionned in your previous e-mail), which will lead to
duplicated code.

Laurent Pinchart