sleep / wake-up

Guennadi Liakhovetski g.liakhovetski at gmx.de
Sun Jun 11 04:39:12 EST 2006

Hi all,

This is a complete newbie question - just like I am on powerpc. How does
one put to sleep / wake up an embedded ppc (mpc8241) system? Notice, I've
never done it (sleep / suspend) on x86 either, and I only have a VERY
vague idea of what it's all about... But I'd read if I knew what and where
- half an hour googleing didn't bring any positive results apart from
links to pbbuttonsd, which mainly describes ppc / apple notebooks.

What I'd like to know is a bit of theory - kernel-level support and
user-level utilities, as well as what one does practically to put a ppc to
sleep / wake it up.

Thanks
Guennadi
---