Debugging tools

Martin, Tim tim.martin at viasat.com
Fri Jun 9 10:11:45 EST 2006

>     I was hoping to be able to bring up gdb, download an elf file to
the
> target and step through a program to see where it is going off the
rails.

Assuming you have the Xilinx EDK tools installed, there is a program
called xmd that acts as a standalone debugger or can communicate with
gdb over a socket.

>     A bit of research suggests that there are gdbservers that bridge
> between gdb and JTAG. But all the links I have found to rproxy seem to
> be broken, and those for gdbproxy seem to be
>     for other processors.

EDK builds example programs when you use the BSB.  You can download and
debug these programs as a test.  From EDK 7.1, Tools->Software Debugger.

Tim