does Gianfar Ethernet Controller Version 1.1 support MARVELL 88E1111?

Liu Dave-r63238 DaveLiu at freescale.com
Thu Jun 8 18:41:30 EST 2006

> Hi all,
> I'm debugging my board with MPC 8540 and marvell 88e1111
> designed on it.
> I'm sure the hardware connection is correct, and the phy's ID
> could be read
> through terminal port. But anyway, phy can not work. I wonder

Are you sure the hardware is no problem?
Can you successfully tftp files with the port in u-boot?
What is the phy interface mode you used?

> if it is the
> driver's problem? Since the Gianfar Ethernet Controller Version 1.1
> surpport 88e1011s, but some 88e1111's registers are different from
> 88e1011s'. Actually I'm a new guy to Linux. Has anybody ever
> used 88e1111
> phy in Linux envirenmemt? Please

Basically, the 88e1111 is same 88e1011s.

> give me some points. Thank you!
> I have read the Gianfar ethernet controller driver, but it's
> difficult for
> me to find out the sofware flow.

Change the board-specific things, for example
PHY address, PHY interrupt.
Please reference /arch/ppc/platforms/85xx/mpc8540_ads.c

-Dave