Making Two ethernet interfaces up in Linux

Antonio Di Bacco antonio.dibacco at aruba.it
Sun Jun 4 06:55:05 EST 2006

>          We are trying to port Linux on Xilinx Board XUPV2Pro which is
> similar in most aspects to the Xilinx ML300 board. Linux is up and
> running for the original board i.e. having only one ethrnet interface.
> Now since we wanted to have the board working as router, we designed a
> daughter board with two ethernet phy interfaces. The MACs required for
> that are instantiated in Xilinx ....

You have already the driver for the first MAC, then you should start from that
modifying the init procedure for example and all the others. Your driver
should initialize both the MACs and also create two devices calling
init_etherdev tow times. If you post your driver I can suggest what to
change. It is not so difficult.

Bye,
Antonio.