8xx spi completion sometime doesn't generate an interrupt

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Jun 3 10:51:10 EST 2006

In message <200606030021.58892.antonio.dibacco at aruba.it> you wrote:

> I lowered the SPI bus frequency, the interrupt is now always happening but I
> have always problems.

Try reducing the CPM load. If you have a serial  console  on  a  SMC,
shut it off, etc. Then try again (usually it will be better).

> have to double check the writing procedure. But it is also worth to note that
> changing the PM (prescaler module) and lowering the SPI clock even more the
> writing problem is happening less frequently.

Yeah. At a SPI clock of 0 no errors will happen. The problem is, that
this is not too much useful either ;-)

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Contrary to popular belief, thinking does not cause brain damage.