MPC880 cannot use SCC4 together with FECs

Antonio Di Bacco antonio.dibacco at aruba.it
Fri Jun 2 19:21:57 EST 2006

This is a question for a Freescale guy or anyone that already used the MPC880.
I'm using an MPC880, both the FECs are used and SMC1, SMC2 and SCC3 are
currently being used too. Now I need to use the SCC4 as an asynchronous
serial port (only two pins) but my hardware engineer is saying that is not
possible because pins are missing. I cannot believe this, they told me that
RXD4 could use pins: PA11 or PD8 or PE25 but actually PA11 is used by the
first FEC for MII1-TXD0,
PD8 for MDC and PE25 for second FEC MII2-TXD3.

Is this correct?

Bye,
Antonio.