reboot on PQ2FADS board.

Lei Sun leisun124 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 13:40:44 EST 2006

Hi:
    I have linux 2.4.30 runnning on this board, the "reboot -f"
command cause machine check and kernel ooops.  The problem seems in
the "m8260_gorom" in head.S.  The restart() function in m8260_setup.c
passed 2 parameters to that assembly code, r3 is the bd_info , r4 is
the warm start address,  I changed it to 0xFF800100, that's where the
u-boot's _start_warm lives, I have verified that address by typing "g
ff800100" in u-boot console, which cause the board reset.
    I assume the m8260_gorom  has been heavily tested for other
boards. I wonder if anyone got a PQ2FADS-VR board that has the similar
problem?  I am not familar with the assembly code for PPC.  Any
suggestions?

Thanks
lei