Xilinx BSP for linux 2.6

Ming Liu eemingliu at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 7 21:46:18 EST 2006

Dear Ameet,
A good news is that now my 2.6 kernel is running in my ML403 board! 
According your guidance, first I made the kernel as simple as possible and 
it works well. Then I included the patch for SystemACE and here is the 
information shown on the hyper teminal:

Linux/PPC load: console=ttyS0,9600 root=/dev/xsa3 
[    0.000148] Console: colour dummy device 80x25
[    0.000919] Dentry cache hash table entries: 16384 (order: 4, 65536 
[    0.002277] Inode-cache hash table entries: 8192 (order: 3, 32768 bytes)
[    0.012802] Memory: 63104k available (1340k kernel code, 384k data, 76k 
 0k highmem)
[    0.230310] Mount-cache hash table entries: 512
[    0.238305] VFS: Disk quotas dquot_6.5.1
[    0.238516] Dquot-cache hash table entries: 1024 (order 0, 4096 bytes)
[    0.238817] JFFS2 version 2.2. (NAND) (C) 2001-2003 Red Hat, Inc.
[    0.239435] JFS: nTxBlock = 493, nTxLock = 3944
[    0.241883] Initializing Cryptographic API
[    0.241940] io scheduler noop registered (default)
[    0.322864] Serial: 8250/16550 driver $Revision: 1.90 $ 4 ports, IRQ 
[    0.324759] serial8250.0: ttyS0 at MMIO 0x40401003 (irq = 1) is a 16550A
[    1.653644] RAMDISK driver initialized: 16 RAM disks of 65536K size 1024 
[    1.745079] loop: loaded (max 8 devices)
[    1.793392]  xsa: xsa1 xsa2 xsa3
[    1.839262] mice: PS/2 mouse device common for all mice
[    1.935059] VFS: Mounted root (ext2 filesystem) readonly.
[    2.000037] Freeing unused kernel memory: 76k init
[    2.075656] Warning: unable to open an initial console.

I use xsa3 as the partition to store the file system. Now the file system 
is the old one for my 2.4 kernel generated by busybox. Then I think that's 
why the problem "unable to open an initial console" is generated. Do you 
have some suggestion on how to solve it? Thanks for your opinion. 

Also, when I compile the kernel, there is a error. That's in adapter.c 
file, undefined reference to "XAssert". I checked the source code and found 
that the function of XAssert is defined in the file xbasic_types.c, not the 
xbasic_types.h. So it cannot be included into adapter.c. And also in the 
makefile there is no dependency on xbasic_types.c. So I added the 
defination for this function in adapter.c, copying it from xbasic_types.c. 
It then worked well. 

Waiting for your guidance. You know, an expert's opinion is always useful 
for a novice, like me. :)


免费下载 MSN Explorer:   http://explorer.msn.com/lccn/  

More information about the Linuxppc-embedded mailing list