JFFS2 FS is read-only (not what I want)

Ben Warren bwarren at qstreams.com
Tue Jul 4 00:19:44 EST 2006

Mathieu,

Thanks for responding!

On Mon, 2006-07-03 at 12:42 +0200, Mathieu Deschamps wrote:

> Do you mean that you can't even created a void file on / as root ? Else
> can you then put for instance text in it ? My point is can or can't you
> first create a new fs node and then can you write to file your
> changes, that's two possible causes.

# pwd
/
# touch newfile
touch: newfile: No space left on device
#

> Yes indeed what about drivers/mtd/maps/physmap.c ? your parts are
> mask_flags:  MTD_WRITEB_WRITEABLE and not  MTD_CAP_ROM,
> aren't they ?

My chip is pretty standard NOR type Flash, and gets recognized by CFI as
using command set 0001.  It gets these flags:
#define MTD_CAP_NORFLASH        (MTD_CLEAR_BITS|MTD_ERASEABLE)

> > ***
> > # Memory Technology Devices (MTD)
> > #
> > CONFIG_MTD=y
> > # CONFIG_MTD_DEBUG is not set
> > # CONFIG_MTD_CONCAT is not set
> > CONFIG_MTD_PARTITIONS=y
> > # CONFIG_MTD_REDBOOT_PARTS is not set
> > # CONFIG_MTD_CMDLINE_PARTS is not set
> >
> [...]
> > # CONFIG_JFFS_FS is not set
> > CONFIG_JFFS2_FS=y
>
> Better avoid redundacy but this is not a clue, I guess
> make won't be fooled by this.

Sorry, what's redundant here?  I just used 'make menuconfig', and
hopefully it notices incorrect options.

> IMHO, it's not a generation-time issue

Good.  I'll keep plugging away with my BDI

thanks again,
Ben