Booting 2.4 RT-Linux build from FSMlabs

Hamid Marshall hamidm at cyberwatch-security.com
Sun Jul 2 06:06:50 EST 2006

I am working on a Lite5200B board with the U-Boot build dated April-2006.
After loading of the uImage file which is 2.4 kernel RT-Linux build from FSM
labs the board get hang up right after the decompressing the kernel, never
getting to mach(). I looked at the memory dumps and with logic analyzer
peeked at the address bus as well. Look like after the decompressing the
kernel there is no entry to the main or init modules.

Has anyone encounter this problem before?

Thanks,

## Booting image at 00200000 ...
   Image Name:   Linux-2.6.16-rc1
   Image Type:   PowerPC Linux Kernel Image (gzip compressed)
   Data Size:    658050 Bytes = 642.6 kB
   Load Address: 00000000
   Entry Point:  00000000
   Verifying Checksum ... OK