Xilinx SystemACE driver for 2.6

Grant Likely grant.likely at secretlab.ca
Sat Jul 1 06:02:28 EST 2006

On 6/30/06, Ameet Patil <ammubhai at gmail.com> wrote:
> Here is PART I of the article:
> http://www.linux.get2knowmore.com/2006/06/30/quick-guide-linux-26-on-xilinx-virtex-ii-pro-boards-part-i/
>
> Let me know if you get messages at boot time after following the above...

Quick comment on your article; unless you're using a microdrive;
*PLEASE* don't recommend using compact flash as swap space.  Flash
technology has limited write cycles (on the order of 100k to 1M cycles
per block).  Using it as swap is a great way to kill the lifecycle of
your device.

(the ML300 ships with a microdrive; the ML40x ships with a regular CF card)

I know the previous article also recommends a swap partition, but
Linux will happily run without swap.

Cheers,
g.

--