Yosemite/440EP is there a global interrupt enable mask?

David Hawkins dwh at ovro.caltech.edu
Thu Jan 26 05:30:30 EST 2006

Hi Stephan,

> You seem to have used the wrong IRQ number though. Please see below.
>
> You are using the "External IRQ 8". This results in IRQ number 19 of the 2nd
> interrupt controller of the 440ep. So please try (19+32) as the IRQ number
> upon requesting the interrupt.

Yep, that was it!

Now while looking at some of the other drivers, I noticed the use
of the following syntax:

   unsigned long flags;
   local_irq_save(flags);

   ... mfdcr, mtdcr, etc operations ...

   local_irq_restore(flags);

which is treating the operations on the DCRs as a critical section.

I should probably be doing the same when I enable the external IRQs
and modify the GPIO registers.

Any comments on that?

Dave