Enable Billionton PCMCIA Bluetooth in MPC860 system (again)

Lo Chun Chung lcsquare2 at yahoo.com.hk
Thu Jan 26 03:04:29 EST 2006

Dear all,

  Hi again, I have asked a same question here before (http://ozlabs.org/pipermail/linuxppc-embedded/2006-January/021617.html), now I have some discoveries ... but I still do not know how to solve.

  (My system is a MPC860 Processor Card, plus a custom made PCB to provide a PCMCIA interface, now the latest progress is I can use PCMCIA WLAN cards in this system without any problem. But my main target is use a PCMCIA Bluetooth card ... )

  I have noticed when I load up the "serial.o", function "rs_init" must be executed, inside this function call, a function "autoconfig" will be called.

  My problem is due to this "autoconfig", it will try to parse a standard uart to determine what is its model. But my case is my standard uart is a PCMCIA Bluetooth Card.

  I can simply comment out the function "rs_init" to let the "serial.o" do not run this function. But later when I load the module "serial_cs", many problems happened. (seems "rs_init" will initialize other things that I have not done ...)

  Since "serial_cs" (the pcmcia uart driver) needs two function calls in "serial.o" (they are: resgister_serial() and unregister_serial() ), so I really need load up "serial.o" before I  can load up "serial_cs.o"

  So my problem is, how can I setup such driver in MPC860 environment with a PCMCIA ?

  Thanks all~

Best regards,
Chung

Best regards,
Chung
 YM - 離線訊息
 就算你沒有上網,你的朋友仍可以留下訊息給你,當你上網時就能立即看到,任何說話都冇走失。
 http://messenger.yahoo.com.hk