u-boot debugging

David Jander david.jander at protonic.nl
Mon Jan 23 20:32:37 EST 2006

On Saturday 21 January 2006 07:34, Atul Sabharwal wrote:
> You have a conflict of interest as you are just pissed with Metrowerks
> as they are your competitors.  Open source is about free speech and
> not for people with vested interests.  You seem to be one of the guys
> with vested interest.

Everybody has their interests. Even OSS programmers have interests, if not
always of economical nature. I don't think Mr. Denk has any more reasons to
"be pissed" with Metrowerks than you might have reasons to "be pissed" with
DENX or Abatron.

> You cannot repress people and tell them *oxymorons* or ninkampoops...
> If you do the cost benefit analysis between BDI and Metrowerks debugger,
> its the same.  And their UI is better than ddd and works with a BDI also.
> So, if you consider all aspects, its a better product.

That is a very subjective observation. Here is a slightly more objective one
for you: BDI can use almost any UI that supports gdb, and there are quite a
lot. Not only DDD. Does Metrowerks offer you that amount of choice?

> And opensource is used all over the globe including the Asian subcontinent.
> And there are still sites which use hubs as people dont have the excess
> money
> to throw away on legacy products.  Just sitting in your small cube does not
> give
> insight to global technology trends...

Well, I suppose using a 10Mbps switch shouldn't cost much more than a 100Mbps
hub, and you almost said it yourself, that it would be more efficient in a
crowded network ;-)
What I really wonder is what the choice between a switch and a hub has to do
with "global technology trends".
I detect an increasing amount of resentment in your words, and that is not
good as far as my experience goes.

Greetings,

--
David Jander