serial driver for MPC860T in linux 2.6.13

bharathi kandimalla bharthik2004 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 20 17:30:52 EST 2006

  Hi
   We are able to port the linux 2.6 in our target board.As the
MPC860T has 4 SCC  ports and two SMC ports.I want to up all the SMC and SCC
 ports.When I am selecting all the options in the kernel configuration
 It is getting hanged.
 I did n't see any mknod in the code
  how can I know  ttyCPM2 is for SMC2.At the time of ramdisk building I have created the the softlink to ttyCPM2 ->console
   ttyCPM1 is for SMC1  like that
   and they mentioned only major number is 204 minor number is 46
    As we  want to use 6 ports.We want 6 minor numbers

   when I am selectind SMC  and all  SCC' s  the o.s is up in the target board( as the program did not have any portpin configuartions for the SCC's)
   when I am selecting SMC1 and SMC2 it is getting hanged

 regards
  Bharathi