Ethernet not initialized: Help req

batsayan.das at tcs.com batsayan.das at tcs.com
Wed Jan 11 18:33:02 EST 2006

Hello,

In our MPC8260 based customs board the CLK9 is for transmit and CLK10 is
for receive. The ELDK tree uses  CLK12 is receive, CLK11 is transmit and
the corresponding values defined in as.

/* CLK12 is receive, CLK11 is transmit.  These are board specific.
*/
#define PC_F1RXCLK      ((uint)0x00000800)
#define PC_F1TXCLK      ((uint)0x00000400)

We got CLK9  and CLK10 from U-Boot tree and set those varables, but
ethernet does not work.

We are using LXT971 on FCC1, and setting MII_MDIO and MII_MDCK to our
board specific value detects LXT971 correctly. Here is the log

****LOG*****
GOT FCC IRQ 32

GOT MII IRQ 25

eth0: FCC1 ENET Version 0.4, 00:0B:17:00:00:00

eth0: Phy @ 0x0, type LXT971 (0x001378e2)

My question is what value shall I use for CLK9 and CLK10?
What else setting we need to change to make Ethernet work?

Pls help.

Thanks,
Batsayan Das

Notice: The information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it may contain confidential or privileged information.   If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, use, review, distribution, printing or copying of the information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited.   If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail or telephone and immediately and permanently delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you