VFS: Cannot open root device "31:03" or unknown-block(31,3)

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Jan 7 02:08:54 EST 2006

In message <200601061519.14550.david.jander at protonic.nl> you wrote:

> > > I see you are using DENX ELDK 3.1.1 and a kernel which AFAIK is not
> > > supported

This is a serious misunderstanding. There is no  such  thing  like  a
specific kernel version which is supported by the ELDK.

You don't talk about any specific version of a  C  programm  that  is
supported by the GNU compiler either.

The ELDK is primarily a *toolkit* which works with  arbitrary  C  and
C++  programs  and  with  any version of the kernel tree (at least in
theory; very recent version s of the Linux kernel [ > 2.6.14]  cannot
be compiled with ELDK 3.1.x any more, but this is a different issue).

> >   Do you know where to get the infomation about which kernel version it
> > supports?

The ELDK supports *any* kernel version.

> The one that comes with that version of ELDK? Just a guess ;-)

Wrong guess.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"I've seen it. It's rubbish."          - Marvin the Paranoid Android