"argument list too long"

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Jan 5 00:36:18 EST 2006

In message <1136380085.15908.15.camel at localhost> you wrote:

> > +	find $(FINDHPATH) \( -name SCCS -o -name .svn \) -prune -o -follow -name \*.h ! -name modversions.h -print | xargs scripts/mkdep -- > .hdepend
> >  	scripts/mkdep -- init/*.c > .depend
>
> Would'nt this overwrite .depend if xargs executes mkdep more than once?

No, why should it? The filr eredirection happens just  once,  in  the
shell,  even before xargs gets executed. It does not matter how often
mkdep gets called then.

> I'd suggest (beware, manually hacked diff ;):

I have no idea what you're trying to fix or improve with this.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple,  neat,
and wrong.                                               - Mark Twain