UTOPIA support for MPC885 with 2.6.15 kernel

Pelton, Dave dpelton at ciena.com
Fri Feb 24 16:54:39 EST 2006

Hello,

I am currently working with a MPC885ADS board running a 2.6.15 kernel
build.  I have been attempting to get the UTOPIA interface working, but
I have not been able to find kernel code (or patches) to do this.

The closest I have found so far is the MPC860/862 ATM driver on
SourceForge.  Unfortunately this driver was written for the 2.4 kernel,
and does not include MPHY support for ESAR mode.  I have been able to
get this code to compile and run on my kernel, and now I am digging into
the ESAR/MPHY support stuff.

I was wondering if anyone else has already done anything along these
lines (either a ESAR/MPHY driver or MPC855 UTOPIA support on the 2.6
kernel), as I would prefer to build on existing code rather than gluing
this stuff together myself.

- Thanks,
  David Pelton.