Instruction Set Simulator

David H. Lynch Jr. dhlii at dlasys.net
Sat Feb 18 19:19:47 EST 2006

I looked at PearPC running on an X86 and was able to get Debian ppc
Linux installed on it.

I was looking to use it as a pseudo native platform to do crossplatform
development.
The performance was slow. But otherwise it was interesting.
Eventually I bought a powerbook off eBay cheap.

Most of the time I use cross tools, but now and then it is useful to
have a running
PPC based system to sanity check what you are trying to do on the
embedded system you are developing for.
Of cource the closer it is to the platform you are developing for the
better.
I thought about modifying PearPc to emulate my hardware, but it looked
too much like wark and no one was paying for it. The idea is still
somewhat intriguing. developing for an embedded system on a software
emulator for that system. Yes, I know that is not an new idea.