kernel startup

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Feb 11 12:12:37 EST 2006

In message <4A062D477D842B4C8FC48EA5AF2D41F201BA2084 at us-bv-m23.global.tektronix.net> you wrote:
> Since I have set IIP to 1, reset vector is at 0xfff00100.  IMMR is
> 0x00f00000. So, putting RAM at address 0x0 allows only 15MB of RAM
> at address 0x0 (ISA style).

Please do yourself a favour and read some docs and FAQ's first.  With
a  low mapping ogf the IMMR like 0x00f00000 you will never be able to
run Linux.

And as mentioned before: the whole memory map is just software. If  it
doesn't fit your needs just change it.

> As memory and internal processor registers would conflict, I would have

Then CHANGE it! It's just a few bits in some registers.

> a memory hole.  Hence, the logical choice of putting RAM at a different

This is not a logical choice, but just another error.

> location. So, if MMU allows shadowing (which I have not read), it could
> solve my problem.

Please forget it. Just fix your memory map.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Why don't you have a Linux partition installed so you can be  working
in  a  programmer-friendly environment instead of a keep-gates'-bank-
account-happy one? :-)                            -- Tom Christiansen