HELP! Memory mapping and address space doubts

Tore Martin Hagen thagen at slb.com
Sat Feb 11 00:04:38 EST 2006

Hi Vitaly,

It seams that you are mixing virtual addresses and physical addresses.
You must put RAM at physical address 0 and you can keep the flash and
fpga as it is. The 0xc0000000 is  the virtual address of the kernel, and
has nothing to do with the physical address.

Where have you mapped the IMMR?

If you have problems with probing of the CFI flash I would try to find
out what the problem realy is. I was given a board with what I would
call SwapEndian, I had to use littleendian for read and bigendian for
writes.

/Tore Martin Hagen