Getting started with Xilinx V4 PPC?

Paula Saameño gnathita at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 18:47:49 EST 2006

Hi!!

I am using ML403 right now and everything works fine with the
linuxppc_2_4_devel. My basic design has a simple UART, DDR, Ethernet, IIC
and XSysAce.
I haven't measured the power consumption yet, but I will soon. I'll let you
know when I do it.

I thought about using the internal FPGA MAC as a complete PHY. For Ethernet
over fiber it's ok, but for Ethernet over copper, we should implement the
collision detector, serder... "manually" and I don't think we had enough
space in the FPGA (XC4VFX12), since the actual design uses the 85% of
slices.
Maybe with a bigger FPGA we could do the complete design "inside".

Have a good weekend!
Paula