Gdb with MPC85xx

atul.sabharwal at exgate.tek.com atul.sabharwal at exgate.tek.com
Sat Feb 4 07:46:24 EST 2006

To the best of my knowledge, I had could single step but not run to a
breakpoint in the initial u-boot code on PPC8540( an E500 core based)
system
Esp. in the code in start.S.  I had a problem where the flash was busted
and
The start.S was running from a DDR2 memory at 600+MHz rate.  So, I had
to lock the TLB and define LAW for the DDR memory in BDI so that we
could run entire u-boot, kernel, ramdisk from RAM.

It seemed like a BDI bug to me unless the processor is designed to
always boot from a slow deviceflash or eeprom) till the initialization
sequence is
Completed.  Did not try extensive debug with it, so not sure. If it
helps.

--
Atul