MPC8272ADS Hangs with gcc 4.0.0 and u-boot 1.1.4

Addison Baldwin addison.baldwin at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 04:26:04 EST 2006

Hi developers

I have a MPC8272ADS board, from Freescale. I'm using low-boot
configuration (HRCW is 0x0E_74_B2_0A).

I have ELDK 3.1 and ELDK 4.0 installed. I'm using U-Boot 1.1.4. When I
compile U-Boot with GCC 3.3.3, the board works ok, but not with GCC
4.0.0. All the ethernet leds freeze turned on and the Run led too. It
makes me thinking the board entered some loop state. Nothing appears
at serial port.

If anyone had this problem, or if anyone have such a configuration
working (GCC 4 and U-Boot 1.1.4 with this board), any help will be
very appreciated.

Regards,
Addison Baldwin