[RFC] arch/ppc/boot/simple/embed_boot.c : Merging all keyvals parsing code

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at sunsite.dk
Wed Feb 1 07:31:56 EST 2006

 Tom> I would suggest either Linus' current git tree or 2.6.16-rc1 if
 Tom> you don't use git.  But please bear in mind that since this is a
 Tom> new feature (a new board) it won't be submitted to Linus' tree
 Tom> until 2.6.17-rc1 opens up (and if in that time, it becomes much
 Tom> easier to put this board under arch/powerpc it should be done
 Tom> under there, instead).

I only recently moved from 2.4 to 2.6, so this may be a FAQ, but a
quick googling around didn't find anything.

What is this arch/ppc -> arch/powerpc about? Some kind of
consolidation of ppc and ppc64? What's the reason behind it and what
kind of time frame are we talking about? Is it related to the bd_t ->
flattened OF tree change?

Could someone post a few pointers to more information?

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard