[RFC] arch/ppc/boot/simple/embed_boot.c : Merging all keyvals parsing code

Tom Rini trini at kernel.crashing.org
Wed Feb 1 01:24:34 EST 2006

On Tue, Jan 31, 2006 at 09:47:32AM +0100, Laurent Pinchart wrote:
> > No, that's good.  If you can cleanly merge the existing parsing code, by
> > all means please do so.  Thanks.
>
> Ok I will. On which kernel tree should I base my patches on ?

I would suggest either Linus' current git tree or 2.6.16-rc1 if you don't
use git.  But please bear in mind that since this is a new feature (a new
board) it won't be submitted to Linus' tree until 2.6.17-rc1 opens up (and
if in that time, it becomes much easier to put this board under arch/powerpc
it should be done under there, instead).

--
Tom Rini
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/