system ace programming xf60

Wade Maxfield wmaxfield at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 06:41:15 EST 2006

  We Got It!  The mention of the cpld's on the ml410 board by Feldman caused
me to try something that worked.

   The .bsd file did indeed contain the irlength.  The idcode for the part
was incorrect in the shipped genace.tcl file (but correct in the xilinx
book).  The final key was the CPLD we had on the JTAG chain HAD TO BE LISTED
as a "-configdevice devicenr 2 irlength 8 partname xc2c128" in the parameter
string before the system ace would program up the xilinx chip without
showing an error.

   Evidently the system ace has to see the all of the parts on the jtag
chain listed  in the system.ace file or it will refuse to program any device
at all.  (Unless you have NO devices listed in the system.ace file.  In that
case it is also happy.)

thanks again,
wade