Linux on PowerQUICC 8349E

Awad, Sinan (GE Healthcare) sinan.awad at med.ge.com
Thu Dec 14 22:50:32 EST 2006

Hello all

I'm new to this list, so please be gentle ;)
I've been working on vxWorks (5-6) for a few years on powerquicc CPUs.

I wanted to check the option of moving to linux, I have a windriver
sbc8349 evb, which I would like to boot linux on.
- I downloaded crosstool, and am building the ppc603 toolchain (is that
OK ? or is there some better toolchain ?)
- Where do I go now ? I downloaded the latest kernel from kernel.orgmn
and...

I am quite ok on linux, yet never cross-compiled or brought-up a board
based on some flavor of linux..

I have searched the web for information, but the sources of knowledge
are quite sparse and not helpfull..

Can someone please point me to a starting point, so that I can at least
flash a bootloader to the board, with some sort of BSP, so that I can
see at least some linux prompt on the serial port ? ;)

Thanks in advance.
Sinan..

Notice: This e-mail and accompanying files contain confidential
information, belonging to the sender that is legally privileged. This
information is intended only for use by the individual or entity
designated. The authorized recipient of this information is prohibited
from disclosing the information to any other party and is required to
destroy the information after its stated need has been fulfilled. If you
are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
disclosure, copying, distribution, or action taken in reliance on the
contents of these documents is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this copy in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy all
copies of this information, including any attachments, without reading
or disclosing them. Thank You