how to cross-compile netperf.

Ming Liu eemingliu at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 11 21:07:38 EST 2006

Dear all,
Maybe my question is not proper for this maillist but I really see some
friends who are using netperf to measure the netowrk performance from this
maillist. So I ask for help here.

Could anyone please tell me how to cross-compile the Netperf which could be
run on my PowerPC 405 processor? I cannot find a detailed explanation from
the manual. After the downloading and untaring the package, I use the
command "./configure --host ppc CC=powerpc-405-linux-gnu-gcc". However
unfortunately it doesn't work and error " checking whether setpgrp takes no
argument... configure:error: cannot check setpgrp when cross compiling"
appears. My host system is X86_64 PC with linux OS and my target system is
PowerPC 405(Xilinx Virtex 4 FPGA) with linux too(embedded Ml403 board from
Xilinx company). In my condition, which arguments shall I specify?

If anyone can help, I wll really appreciate a lot.

Thanks a lot.

BR
Ming