reboot problem with MPC8248 based board

Jianlin Zeng jianlinz_2000 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 9 12:25:03 EST 2006

Hi,

I have a MPC8248 based board running with linux kernel
2.6.11. I mounted jffs2 FS on a NOR flash devices. The
jffs2 FS works fine. But whenever I modify any files
in jffs2 FS and soft reboot the board, the reboot
hangs. If I don't modify any files in jffs2 FS and
just do flashcp to mtd char device, the soft reboot
works fine.

I tried doing "reboot" through "m8260_gorom" or a
mechanism similar to what is used in u-boot. The
result is the same. I don't understand why jffs2 write
causes reboot to hang but MTD char device write does
not. Does anybody have similar experience? Can anybody
give me some help?

Thanks,
Jianlin