2 Ethernet port operating in a PPC405EP system

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Aug 30 23:07:03 EST 2006

In message <A7B1E4DD46AA7046A4398F745240F29402737D5C at ASPROEXG.astri.local> you wrote:

> Sorry for such long e-mail.

Actually it's not so long...

> I am now working on a STB project, and our board is a IBM PPC405EP with
> 2 ethernet ports. U-Boot 1.0.0 and linux 2.4.20 (from MontaVista) is
> used and update is not recommended. Each ethernet port has a RTL8021CP
> PHY connected.

... as reading stops here. Both U-Boot 1.0.0 and Linux 2.4.20 are not
only old, they are ancient. Zillions of smaller and bigger bugs  have
been fixed since. Do yourself a favour and use current code.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
 The software required `Windows 95 or better', so I installed Linux.