Cache coherency question

Liu Dave-r63238 DaveLiu at freescale.com
Mon Aug 28 13:17:32 EST 2006

> Ah.  This must be the problem.  I have a few PCI devices, and
> on one of them it looked like snooping was working.  I just
> assumed the other device was setup correctly.

Why one is looked like snooping was working, and the other device
not working?

> > Also, you can define the CONFIG_NOT_COHERENT_CACHE, then you are
> > assuming The system has not hardware coherency. You need use the
> > software to keep the cache coherency.
> >

> I tried this, and got compiler errors.

What is the file got compiler errors? I notice that the
/ev64360_defconfig
Did define CONFIG_NOT_COHERENT_CACHE.

> I added some inline assembly dcbi/dcbf (invalidate/flush)
> instructions to the particular code in question, and the
> problems went away.  So definitely a cache problem.  As I
> said above, defining CONFIG_NOT_COHERENT_CACHE causes
> compiler errors, so I'm going to look into this more.  I
> suppose whatever file implements the
> include/linux/dma-mapping.h stuff isn't BSP specific, so its
> probably just not being compiled in?  Will look into it.

Somebody said from maillist. The bridge MV64360 seems
having some issue about cache coherent. I don't know if it is really?

-Dave