GPIO Control Driver

Gabe.Johnson at radisys.com Gabe.Johnson at radisys.com
Fri Aug 25 23:47:49 EST 2006

I am working on a PowerQuickIII processor that has a GPIO port, port C.
Connect to this port are buffer enables for various devices on the
product.  I am trying to write a driver to control certain GPIO lines. Any
suggestions on the best way to implement this?  Currently I have created a
module that creates character devices but I am now feeling it would have
been better to create sysfs entries.  Looking at the structs from the
Linux device model bus_type, device_driver, and device I am having
troubles determining what needs to be declared?  What I think I would like
to create in sysfs is:

/sys/module/<MODULE NAME>/rtm_enable
                                 /rtm_reset
                                 /clk1a_enable