pci_id_table and mid_idsel?

Parav Pandit paravpandit at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 25 18:56:43 EST 2006

Hi,

  Can someone please explain me pci_irq_table and how to select the value of min_idsel , max_idsel for my 85xx boards?

  I am facing issues in registering the interrupt handler.

  On what basis we have to select the min_idsel and max_idsel value??

  Currently common_swizzle function retuns slot number 11, if I hard-code the value of 11 in the min_idsel and max_idsel because I have only one slot, I am able to register the interrupt handler.

  PCI_SLOT in common_swizzle returns 11 because device function number (devfn) has value of 88  ( I am wondering why 88 instead of from 0-7).
  (( 88>> 8) && 0x1f) = 11

  Since max functions we can have 8. (0-7). Why OS assign the value of 88 inside?
  Configuration transaction uses only 3 bits of function number in the CONFIG_ADDRESS as per PCI local bus specification 2.2.

  Regards,
  Parav Pandit