MontaVista 2.6 Kernel support for Xilinx ML40x

T Ziomek ctz001 at email.mot.com
Fri Aug 25 05:38:04 EST 2006

[top-posting fixed  :-) ]

On Thu, 24 Aug 2006, Wade Maxfield wrote:

> On 8/24/06, Peter Ryser <peter.ryser at xilinx.com> wrote:
>>
>>  Wade,
>>
>> are you sure that you did not build your hardware with evaluation cores of
>> the licenses? If you are using the evaluation licenses the hardware (FPGA
>> design) will stop working after a certain amount of time and you will see a
>> lock-up.
>
> Good question.  How long before lockup?  The only core that should be
> licensed is the ethernet, and I know it was sysgened on a system with a
> license.  This is the Xilinx reference design for the ml403 board.

When we were using the eval version of Xilinx's 10/100 EMAC it would time-
out after 8 hours (and the kernel would panic since our root fs was NFS-
mounted).

If your only [to-be-]licensed core is Ethernet, then I take it you're using
the UARTLite, or a non-Xilinx UART?  We used Xilinx's 16550-compatible UART,
which is licensed, but I never ran with the eval version of that IP block
and so have no idea how long it will function before shutting down.

Tom
--
A: Because it breaks the logical        |
     flow of the message.                |   Email to user 'CTZ001'
                                         |             at 'email.mot.com'
Q: Why is top posting frowned upon?     |