Have some truble when porting montavista linux3.1 in ML403 board

杨强浩 yang-qh at neusoft.com
Wed Aug 16 11:47:22 EST 2006

Hi, Grant Likely

	I am porting montavista linux3.1 to ML403 board. I use the project system_linux.xmd in the xilinx ML403 refence  disign . and do everything step by step with your mail

	http://ozlabs.org/pipermail/linuxppc-embedded/2005-July/019091.html

	do not change anything. But when I dow the my zImage.elf with XMD and run it ,the console show :

 loaded at:     00400000 004BA1E4
 board data at: 004B713C 004B7154
 relocated to:  00405648 00405660
 zimage at:     00405B53 004B63F3
 avail ram:     004BB000 04000000

 Linux/PPC load: console=tty1 console=ttyS0,9600 root=/dev/xsysace/disc0/part2 rw
 ip=off
 Uncompressing Linux...done.
 Now booting the kernel

then, it stop,nothing to do.If I dow the  zImage.elf of xilinx and run it ,the console show :

	loaded at:     00400000 004BA1E4
	board data at: 004B713C 004B7154
	relocated to:  00405648 00405660
	zimage at:     00405C13 004B6950
	avail ram:     004BB000 04000000

	Linux/PPC load: console=tty1 console=ttyS0,9600 root=/dev/xsysace/disc0/part2 	rw
 	ip=off
	Uncompressing Linux...done.
	Now booting the kernel
	Linux version 2.4.20_mvl31-ml403 (ryserp at zephyr0) (gcc version 3.3.1 	(MontaVista
 3.3.1-3.0.10.0300532 2003-12-24)) #2 Thu Feb 16 17:27

	It is able to boot.

	I find the two image is differ in zimage location
      my:
	  zimage at:     00405B53 004B63F3
      xilinx:
	  zimage at:     00405C13 004B6950

	why? they are build with same BSP and config.

	Would you give me some advice , thanks!

BR!
David Yang

        yang-qh at neusoft.com
          2006-08-16

Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this e-mail and any accompanying attachment(s) is intended only for the use of the intended recipient and may be confidential and/or privileged of Neusoft Group Ltd., its subsidiaries and/or its affiliates. If any reader of this communication is not the intended recipient, unauthorized use, forwarding, printing, storing, disclosure or copying is strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender by return e-mail, and delete the original message and all copies from your system. Thank you.