Can red hat linux be ported to Power PC ???????????????

Guy Streeter streeter at redhat.com
Tue Aug 15 03:18:15 EST 2006

On Mon, 2006-08-14 at 22:26 +0530, Ujwal wrote:
> hi all,
>
> can red hat linux(2.4 kernel with a the .config file of ML310 board )
> be ported to PowerPC on a development board?

The ppc arch of the kernel tree was not well maintained in the Red Hat
kernel source for the release that used the 2.4 kernel (Red Hat
Enterprise Linux 3).
I would be surprised if it built, and I'm fairly certain it would not
run.

That being said, Red Hat makes a business in developing its products for
other platforms and might consider the work on a contract basis.

--Guy Streeter