MTD Flash Howto ?

Josu Onandia jonandia at aotek.es
Fri Aug 4 17:10:44 EST 2006

Hi,

Even if you dont't use U-Boot as bootloader, I'm sure that the documentation in http://www.denx.de/wiki/DULG/Manual will interest you.

Best regards

Josu Onandia

-----Mensaje original-----
De: linuxppc-embedded-bounces+jonandia=aotek.es at ozlabs.org [mailto:linuxppc-embedded-bounces+jonandia=aotek.es at ozlabs.org]En nombre de David H. Lynch Jr.
Enviado el: viernes, 04 de agosto de 2006 6:04
Para: linuxppc-embedded
Asunto: MTD Flash Howto ?

    I need to put together a filesystem driver for the flash in the Pico E-12.
    I think I have a pretty good grasp of what I need of the FileSystem end of things.

    But I am less certain of the peices needed to get from the flash to the block driver that I assume underly's the FileSystem.
    I have enabled MTD, and configured a starting address and size.
    I got a signon banner. How can I tell if it has really found my flash and if it actually knows the type of flash it found - in my
    instance Spansion S29GL512N.

    I have found some documentation covering details, I think I am more interested in something that gives a more zoomed out view.

    Is anyone aware of a relevant howto ? Maybe some web pages on the end-end process of going from flash devices to filesystems over flash ?

--

Dave Lynch 					  	    DLA Systems

Software Development:  				         Embedded Linux

717.627.3770 	        dhlii at dlasys.net 	   http://www.dlasys.net

fax: 1.253.369.9244 			           Cell: 1.717.587.7774

Over 25 years' experience in platforms, languages, and technologies too numerous to list.

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."

Albert Einstein