u-boot.bin

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Apr 28 02:30:16 EST 2006

In message <20060427160755.24553.qmail at web37812.mail.mud.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> Sorry if this may seem basic to some but is there anything I need to
> know about the format of the u-boot.bin? I want to write a program to

It's a raw binary image. Just data.

> burn the flash on the MPC8349 via the PCI interface. Just not sure
> where to get info on binary file format and if there is anything
> unique about the binary created from u-boot.

Why not using a JTAG debugger?

> ---------------------------------
> New Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Call regular phones from your PC and save big.
> --0-1608916273-1146154075=:24528

Can you please mind the netiquette? I. e. no HTML postings,  trimming
to line length to some 70 characters or so, etc.

Also, you should have posted on the u-boot-users list; your  question
is actually off topic here.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
There is, however, a strange, musty smell in the air that reminds  me
of something...hmm...yes...I've got it...there's a VMS nearby, or I'm
a Blit.          - Larry Wall in Configure from the perl distribution