PPC Linux support for Tundra TSI148

Gerhard Jaeger g.jaeger at sysgo.com
Wed Apr 26 17:26:13 EST 2006

On Wednesday 26 April 2006 01:47, Martin, Tim wrote:
> Does anyone out there have any real world measured performance of a
> Linux PowerPC (kernel module + user space application) doing 2eSST VME
> transfers with the Tundra TSI148 chipset?
>
> Tundra has a Linux driver available for the Motorola MVME6100 , but told
> me they don't have any performance data available.  I'm looking for
> sustained throughput rates, not the peak burst rates (e.g. 320 MBps, 267
> MBps).

Hi,

I've done here some tests between two MVME6100, while updating the 6100 BSP
for our embedded Linux distro. Depending on the buffersize, alignment, VME and
PCI FIFO settings we have (without further optimizations) throughput rates ranging
from 100MBps up to 168MBps. I think some tuning could still be done.

HTH
Gerhard

--
Gerhard Jaeger <gjaeger at sysgo.com>
SYSGO AG                      Embedded and Real-Time Software