Upgrading cramfs root file system while running (DENX wrote that is not possible)

Tolunay Orkun listmember at orkun.us
Fri Apr 21 14:10:39 EST 2006

If your bootloader is U-Boot and you are using standard bootm command to
boot, U-Boot decompresses the initrd image to RAM before passing the
file system to Linux. So, you are not working with flash copy and
updating the flash copy is not a problem at all. This applies to ext2,
cramfs or squashfs based initrd.

You can keep working as long as you like until it is time to reboot.