Upgrading cramfs root file system

Antonio Di Bacco antonio.dibacco at aruba.it
Fri Apr 21 05:54:45 EST 2006

Yes you are right, it is not a good idea to overwrite working cramfs
filesystem. But what happens if I download the new cramfs plus kernel in RAM,
do a checksum and then, completely in kernel mode, disabling all the
interrupts, I write to flash? No process could complain that I am overwriting
because no one is executing.

Bye,
Antonio.